It's summer in Arras, which is one of a lively city in the Hauts-de-France during summer.
Its Belfry has been in the place of honor in 2015 during the Stéphane Berne's show « French's favorite monument ».
This year, Arras proposes you again various entertainments :
Music day the 21th june : around 90 artists on 30 stages all around the city center.
Main Square Festival from the 28th june to the 2nd july : 3 days of concerts on the Arras' Citadel site, with a rich and various program of french and foreign bands.
Arras On The Beach from the 8th july to the 4th august : Arras' Grand'Place put , in an idyllic environment, a large beach with various activities for yongest and oldest
Summer rotating animations on 3 places of Arras from the 22th june to the 7th july :
1. cultural brunch, Theater place on wednersday, 7 gatherings every 2 weeks until the 20th september from 11:00 am to 5:00 pm .
2. Laugh tuesdays, Foch place, every other weeks, 7 gatherings until the 14th september from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm .
3. Traditional market, Heros' place, every friday from 6:00 pm to 11:00 pm .
4. Baz'arts festifs, Heros' place, 7 gatherings from 3:00 pm to 7:00 pm until the 9th september : brass bands, activities..in the street .
5. Fireworks the 13th july : like every year, as part of the Méaulens neighbourhood gathering, a firework will be shoot from the shoreline dock, around 10:00 pm
6. Andouillette feast the 26th and 27th august : activities, Hauts-de-France's Giants, several shows, regional flavours' market. The andouillette of Arras is a local specialty and is celebrated by its brotherhoods and everyone. To enjoy without moderation...and some fries...
7. Belfry flashover the 2nd september, start at 10:00 pm with the theme « the belfry makes its own comedy ». like every year, the Belfry makes the show on the Heros' place, to close the summer season fest of Arras.
Enjoy these entertainments to visit our museums, the fine arts Museum and the Wellington tunnels, discover our architectural heritages and the beautiful places of Arras...
THE COURSE OF THE EXHIBITION:
Three brothers came from the north of France, who lived in Paris and who overthrew the codes of their time with their paintings, representing the humblest, created a new genre.
The thread of the exhibition, in the form of a puzzle, allows us to investigate and discover the secrets of the brothers and their archives.
Equipped with a tactile tablet, each conducts an artistic study. This original presentation, thanks to a computer application "Ikonikat" gives the possibility to each one to better understand the painting of an epoch.
Curators: Nicolas Milovanovic, Louvre Museum, and Luc Piralla, Louvre-Lens Museum. This exhibition is organized by the Louvre-Lens Museum, the Kimbell Art Museum in Forth Worth, Texas, and the museums in San Francisco, California.
EXHIBITION from 22 March to 26 June 2017 - Location: Temporary Exhibition Gallery
The Louvre Lens: located on the site of a converted mine, the Louvre Lens hosts semi-permanent exhibits representative collections of the Louvre, and temporary exhibitions.
Amidst a vast landscaped park, we find these cubes cuboid and glasses that house the many services of the Museum.
Near the site, we distinguish the silhouette of the football stadium Bollaert-Delelis and two large Terrils.
The museum is open every day, except Tuesday, from 10 to 18 and unless exceptional closure. Opening until 22h on the first Friday of each month from September to June
Each year for Christmas time, at the heart of the city, in the Main Square, the Arras Christmas Market installes its chalets, its carousel, an ice rink and a Ferris wheel, which illuminates the night.
You can find many ideas for gifts, enjoy local produce and share the merrymaking!.
Forty bands, rock through Electro pop have gives 3 days festival rich in emotions, on an exceptional site.
From 30th June to 2nd July
Information with : http://mainsquarefestival.fr/
On the last weekend of August, enjoy the famous Andouillette Arras as well as local and regional products on the Arras market.
With the brotherhood of Andouillette of Arras, regional brotherhoods shares their passion and expertise.The local market allows tasting regional food and buying local and regional food .
The Friends of Andouillette of Arras organize a cooking competition with famous sausage!
Free admission. Information: tel +33 321 505 147.
Each year the city staged the Belfry of Arras with a superb fireworks.
This moment marks the end of all events that animate the city this summer.
Arras Film Festival gathered each year many spectators. You can discover many new films and previews in the presence of the some film-making teams
A competition brings together European feature films screened for the first time in France, tributes to the great names of cinema and themed retrospectives. Festive entertainment and art. The festival also shows films for the whole family with a special program for children.